PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
The Government are continuing to allocate funding to schools to improve physical health and wellbeing. They will allocate this extra funding directly to primary headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4life clubs
- provide resources and training course in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils' participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools